Madaras has been appointed Music Director Designate of the Orchestre Philharmonique Royal de Liège (OPRL). Following an extensive search process, Gergely, the youngest Music Director in the history of the OPRL, begins an initial three season tenure starting in September 2019.Read more
Gergely has stepped in on a half-day notice to conduct Tchaikovsky's complete Nutcracker (with original metronome markings by the composer) with the Hungarian National Philharmonic Orchestra, replacing their indisposed music director, Zsolt Hamar.Read more
Commemorating Zoltán Kodály's 50th death anniversary, the Savaria Symphony Orchestra dedicates tonight's concert to the oeuvre of Hungary's great composer, educator and musical genius. For the first time in our history, the performance will be broadcast live on Youtube on the 1st of December, 2017 at 7 pm CET!Read more
The concert, taking place in the Auditorium RAI Toscanini in Torino on the 8th of June, will feature Beethoven's Violin Concerto with Norwegian virtuoso Vilde Frang, and Mendelssohn's "Scottish" Symphony. It will be dedicated to...Read more
Welcome to my new website! My aim was to create an informative and comprehensive platform, where I can share happenings and events from my past, present and future. I hope you will find it exciting to learn about my activities every time you check back! Ten years have passed, since...Read more
On the 23rd of June I will be making my debut at the Maison de la Radio in Paris, in the framework of a co-production between IRCAM-Centre Georges Pompidou and Radio France.Read more
- "His is a name to watch."
- "...it sounded consistently lively and colorful under the dynamic baton of Hungarian-born Gergely Madaras; (...) his easy command of both stage and orchestral forces revealed a major talent..."
- "...Spirited conducting from Gergely Madaras ensures that everything works musically as it should..."
- "...The conductor Gergely Madaras was terrific (...) - energizing an orchestra in a raised pit..."
- "...Musically there is magic too, (...) the clean, spirited playing under Gergely Madaras delivered crisply and directly..."