All blog posts
In 2012, I was the first recipient of Enlgish National Opera's Mackerras Conducting Fellowship, made possible by the Philip Loubser Foundation. I explain how the opportunities for mentoring and interaction with artists across a variety of genres are as valuable as the conducting experience.Read more
Hungarians aren’t only famous for their mighty moustaches, paprika-heavy cuisine and beautiful women, but also for their rich musical heritage. Around the regime change in 1989, Hungary, like many other post-communist countries, has started to re-discover its roots to...Read more
- "His is a name to watch."
- "...it sounded consistently lively and colorful under the dynamic baton of Hungarian-born Gergely Madaras; (...) his easy command of both stage and orchestral forces revealed a major talent..."
- "...Spirited conducting from Gergely Madaras ensures that everything works musically as it should..."
- "...The conductor Gergely Madaras was terrific (...) - energizing an orchestra in a raised pit..."
- "...Musically there is magic too, (...) the clean, spirited playing under Gergely Madaras delivered crisply and directly..."